Monday 10 July 2017

Just Another Melodic Monday - Where, O Grave, Is Your Victory?

We've recently been learning this song as a church community.  It reminds us of the incredible future promised through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I've put the lyrics below the video.




Through all life’s sorrows and despairs
I will not be moved
When facing death I need not fear
I have this hope secured

Because Christ died at Calvary
Sin has on me no claim
Because he overcame the grave
With him I will be raised

Where, O grave, is your victory? 
Where, O death, is your sting? 
Eternity is won for me 
By heaven’s eternal King

On that glorious final day
I will not sleep or fade
But gazing on his nail-pierced hands
I’ll instantly be changed

Where, O grave, is your victory?...

Robed with immortality
Before his throne we’ll sing
At last reflecting perfectly
The glory of our King

Where, O grave, is your victory?...

Words & Music: © 2013 Ben Slee

No comments:

Post a Comment