Tuesday 5 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I've been away from the blog for a couple of weeks, but I'm back for a new year and a new work pattern!

Praise God for the provision of work!  Having worked as a labourer for the last 4 months, I've now been taken on by the same company to do work in the office, developing the business and sourcing new work opportunities.  There's a lot to learn, so please pray that God will provide all I need to do a good job.  


A picture from my time as a labourer.  Just as I was finishing work on the racking 
one day, I noticed the cross and the rainbow, both reminders of God's promises

My boss is Brandon, who is also part of the church planting team in Welshpool!  I remember the afternoon several months ago when we began praying as a church family for God to provide work for myself and Brandon - now I marvel at God's providence!

One outcome of this is that my working week is now more predictable.  I will be working for Brandon on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  I'll be doing work for Welshpool Community Church on Tuesdays.  There is probably some flexibility to this, but it's actually helpful for me and Ruth to have a set pattern for my working week.

I'm planning to spend Tuesday morning scheduling blog posts and updating the Facebook page, and Tuesday afternoon getting started on Sunday's message.  I'm hoping the blog won't take up a whole morning, but the aim is to schedule the following each week:

Monday - Just Another Melodic Monday - a song that's related to the message I'll be sharing on Sunday
Wednesday - Some Words for Wednesday - a briefer version of the message I preached on Sunday
Friday - Friday to the Father - Thanksgiving and requests for prayer


A picture taken at the Christmas day morning service.

We've had an encouraging couple of weeks, and I'll be sharing more about that on Friday.  Thank you for your continued prayers for us.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment